Summer Sessions at Pitt allow you to:
- Take upper-level courses to complete your degree.
- Enroll in classes that fill quickly during the school year.
- Pick up credits online.
- Focus on one class at a time.
- Choose the session that works with your summer plans.
- Wrap up general education requirements.
- Explore new interest areas.
Summer Sessions Registration is Open!
NOTE: Due to the extraordinary circumstances caused by the Coronavirus pandemic, the University of Pittsburgh opted to transition our in-person instruction for summer to an exclusively online environment.
- All Dietrich School summer term courses have been adapted to provide students with the opportunity to safely and seamlessly complete their course work without sacrificing rigor or quality. Delivery formats have changed but course content and objectives remain the same.
- The Dietrich School is continuing to offer the same research-based, educational experience—including state of the art laboratory instruction and engaging experiential learning opportunities—that our students expect and our faculty are uniquely qualified to provide.
- While our faculty members would certainly prefer to engage with students in a more traditional classroom setting, they have responded to the unique challenges of our temporary remote learning format with characteristic creativity and innovation.
Current Pitt students
Achieve your goal of graduating on time!
Delve into your major or explore a new interest area. Take a course you missed this year. Take just one class at a time to excel in the toughest classes. Whatever your reason for taking summer classes, current Pitt students can find out how to register today!
Choose from hundreds of courses!
Credits are transferable to most colleges and universities around the world. And Pitt offers a variety of upper-division courses that can be hard to find. We even offer online courses. If you're a student at another college or university and you'd like to take Pitt classes this summer, register now!
High school students
Experience college now!
Earn credits and still have time for summer jobs and vacations. No matter what university you end up attending, you can prepare at Pitt: Credits are transferable to most colleges and universities. If you're a high school student, check out Accelerated High School to register.